Thursday 20 June 2013

Trail 4: Hong Kong Parkview - Violet Hill (again) - Repulse Bay

Hong Kong Parkview - Violet Hill (again) - Repulse Bay
2 hours 30 mins
18th June 2013

Comments: Had to collect a parcel from the local post office in Repulse bay so thought I would walk it. Need to explore more as I think there is an easier route.
Missed the turning for Repulse Bay, do not recommend walking along the road. 

The Route

Off we go again 

Up Violet Hill and over the top looking down at Repulse Bay. You can hardly believe you are still on Hong Kong Island

This is where I think I may have gone wrong. I did not take this footpath

I followed this for some considerable distance which seemed to follow the contour of "The Twins"

I could see Repulse Bay Disappearing into the distance but I continued on my path

Until I saw this small sign on the ground

Leading down here

The exit was a bus stop

But I decided to walk. There are large sections where there is no pavement and you have to take your life in your own hands and sprint along the road hoping the pavement will appear again. 

I am always amazed at the bamboo scaffolding in Hong Kong 


Made it to Repulse bay, collected my package and jumped on the No.6 bus (the right one this time) back up to Parkview

No comments: