Tuesday 2 July 2013

Does my bum look big in this?


Whilst in Bangkok I had the obligatory suit made and spent time in the markets buying "knock off" T-shirts and shorts

Note: Everybody has a recommendation for the best tailor in town.


None of this did my confidence any good at all. To be clear I am not a slim man but I am not very fat either. In Thailand though I am considered Obese. When buying clothes I was given XXXL and when I questioned the market stall seller I was told "Thai sizes". This also impacted on the bargaining as I was told "more material to make this size"!!! 

Even if this is true and Thai sizes are a little smaller it does not do a great deal from my self confidence, particularly as I am in a constant pool of sweat.  

The same thing happened in the tailors, where I gave my sizes before he took my measurements and he just shook his head. 
It had to be an Armani suit...Charles Armani

I will now be eating only salad for a while

On a related note, the mannequins in Thailand are some of the scariest I have ever seen 





No comments: