Tuesday 2 July 2013

Bangkok

Bangkok - Lebua

23rd - 30th June 2013



Bangkok: I liked Bangkok but didn't fall in love with it, however, the longer I stayed the more I liked it. 

It is VERY hot, even at this time of year when it is supposed to be at it's coolest I was still sweating like a 70's TV presenter every time his phone rings. 

The people are all very friendly, even the ones trying to rip you off, and there are plenty of them. Although, in my experience, never pushy or aggressive. On every street corner all you here is "Tuk Tuk sir" or "Taxi sir". 

This is where we stayed - http://www.lebua.com/state-tower

The hotel was one of the locations for the film "The hangover II" it is is a fantastic hotel with great facilities. We were in a suite on the 54th Floor and it had a balcony (only for the brave). You even had to sign a liability waiver before they would unlock the balcony doors. 

The view from our balcony
Food - Excellent with a wide variety of Indian, Lebanese, Thai, and Western dishes. I would add that the breakfast buffet is probably one of the best I have experienced with regards to quality and variety (even if I don't fancy sushi in the morning).

Obviously the Sky Bar is incredibly busy but is worth the trip to the 62nd floor. Note: there is a dress code; no sandals or shorts.

The Sky Bar by day
and by night (promo shot from hotel website as this would be full of people)
Pool and sun deck
My two complaints with Lebua were minor. Firstly, the lifts. There are a set of 3 going to the lower floors and 3 dedicated to 51-62. However they are very slow. In addition, there is no dedicated lift to the Sky Bar, this can be a little annoying in the evening when you only want to go up your room and there is a queue in the lobby of people heading up to the bar.

Secondly, wi-fi in the rooms was "sketchy" at best.

I had to add this...even the sand in the ashtray outside has been embossed with the hotel logo.



No comments: